Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?

I've heard that the quality of fuel these days means that you can run 4 star engines on unleaded without using additive. Can anyone shead any light on this? Cheers.Can I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?Not very advisable !!!!



would you put petrol in a diesel motor?....Can I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?
Definitely not, you'll burn out the valve seats and valves. Some years ago when I had a 72 Type 2 (twinport engine) there was a company that fitted hardened valve seats and valves so you could run on unleaded, unfortunately I can't remember the name of the company but any of the VW enthusiasts magazines such as VWM should point you in the right direction. Or try German and Swedish. Remembered it's Vege! Good luck, Cheers Gizz.Can I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?Some where around 1973 they started the ball on making motors that didn't require lead in the gas.

A side effect of the lead additives was protection of the valve seats from erosion.

So if you run unleaded in a older engine, lets say 1972 leaded motor. You will need to have the heads rebuilt, with the unleaded valve seats in them.Can I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?
i wouldn't,the lead in fuel cushions the valves as well as lubricating the upper cylinder,unless you have hardened valve seats,its cheap insuranceCan I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?not advisableCan I run my 1600, vw camper, 4 star engine on super unleaded fuel?
no don't do it you must use leaded petrol for it
Why not just contact VW and ask for their technical department

If they don't know give up

No comments:

Post a Comment