Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Where can i find the idle control valve on my Mark4 VW Golf?

Its a 1998 S reg 1.4 petrol model. What does the idle control valve look like, how can I remove it and how should i clean it and put it back?Where can i find the idle control valve on my Mark4 VW Golf?ON YOUR CARB SCREW IN ONE AND A HALF TURNSWhere can i find the idle control valve on my Mark4 VW Golf?The idle valve is built into the throttle body where the cable joins to it.This is non removable if you unplug it will need resetting using diagnostic equipment.You cannot clean or inspect. You can identify throttle body it has a D shaped plug with 8 terminals.

If there is a problem get it checked using diagnostic computer equipmentWhere can i find the idle control valve on my Mark4 VW Golf?My golf has a weird little foible.Sometimes, for no apparent reason it will not tick over and keeps stalling. What I do is put some more tension on the throttle cable. Have a look at the cable set up in the engine compartment. Pull out the metal clip locating the cable, pull the cable through some more and refit the clip.Check the tick-over speed on the tacho and adjust again to suit if necessary.Where can i find the idle control valve on my Mark4 VW Golf?
hi...go to this site, and do a search for your car type and problem



http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/forum.鈥?/a>



this should help you
  • corner bakery menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment