Sunday, January 29, 2012

I just bought a 1999 VW Jetta, what are some of the common maintenance problems?

The car had 102,000 + miles on it.I just bought a 1999 VW Jetta, what are some of the common maintenance problems?First the car needs fully synthetic oil now, and you can check the owners manual or vw.com for the maintenance schedule. You need to have the timing belt replaced if the past owner hasn't. the timing belt should have been checked at the 80k maintenance. VW recommends that no matter the condition the timing belt is to be replaced between 100 and 105k miles. Call VW customer care to find out if the car has any recalls or warranty extensions at 1-800-822-8987.I just bought a 1999 VW Jetta, what are some of the common maintenance problems?As With Any Other Vehicle...Nearing Catalytic Converter 0/2 Sensor,Fuel System,Cleaning Time On Top Of Ur Other Scheduled Maintenance,Oh Yeah,EGR system Too...After 100,000 Miles Alot Of Maintenance Needed In Most casesI just bought a 1999 VW Jetta, what are some of the common maintenance problems?there are a lot of small insignifigant things that tend to break off or not work any more but nothing serious. If you have a vr6 it is common for the coil pack to crack but there is an easy diy for it.I just bought a 1999 VW Jetta, what are some of the common maintenance problems?
From my experience, the main problems seem to be aesthetic things that aren't crucial to the driving of the car, but can be rather irritating. For instance, my boyfriend has a 2001 Jetta. He opened his glove compartment one day, and the hinge thing got stuck inside. To this day, it will not close. Not all that terrible, but I'm unfortunately the one in the passenger seat at all times. I can't think of any major problems, but I know little things like that have been issues. The lights for his air conditioning controls under his radio rarely come on. Apparently he ran into the previous owner and this man is having some similar problems with his newer Passat. Hope this helps!



Oh, and I don't mean to sound entirely negative. I love that car.
  • coming soon to dvd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment