Sunday, February 26, 2012

I have a 1997 328is and I am curious what other BMW models I could swap the motor?

I have a 1997 328is with body damage but the motor and 5 speed transmission are in good shape. I would like to find another BMW with either a bad motor or transmission that i can swap but I am unsure which BMW models will work.



Thanks.I have a 1997 328is and I am curious what other BMW models I could swap the motor?Your engine and transmission will fit any 1995-1999 3 series, as they were originally built with this engine/transmission package. But you might need your computer and other mounting parts if the other car was a 325.I have a 1997 328is and I am curious what other BMW models I could swap the motor?Any car that looks like yours (sedan or coupe) is an E36 chassis. The engine and transmission will go in no problem. Make sure to get another stick shift vehicle because the conversion isn't fun. You'd have to retrofit pedals and mounts and hydraulic lines, it's a mess. In a nutshell, any E36.

No comments:

Post a Comment