Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why does my E46 BMW 328i not detect the CD changer?

I have a 328i BMW with 6Cd alpine cd changer in the boot. It was working fine till the battery went flat and now the main Radio/tape/cd unit only finds radio and tape inputs when I press the mode button. How can I reset this?



Thanks in advance.Why does my E46 BMW 328i not detect the CD changer?Try a battery reset overnight. Sometimes it works wonders. To do this, remove the negative battery terminal overnight and re-attach it next morning. Hopefully the cd player would now be recognized by the audio system.

If not, then try a new or different cd cassette. Or perhaps the wirings of the cd player got loosened or detached. If still no go, then the audio system has to be diagnosed using a BMW GT1 or Isis by a knowledgeable tech (not a wannabe).Why does my E46 BMW 328i not detect the CD changer?Is it powered up? Check the fuse has not blown as if it has it will not detect it there with no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment