Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?

When I drove a Lexus, it had "loose" steering wheel; however, when I drove a BMW, it had "tight" steering wheel. Is this normal? Are all BMWs have tight sterring wheels?Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?This is what BMW is known for. It is their trade mark that's supports how well the car handles the road. I am guessing you tested the 3-Series because it has the tightest steering wheel. Throughout my years of driving car, I have come to learn that Japanese Cars have very loose steering, European Cars have very tight steering and American Cars seem to be between the two. It really matters on your preference. I came from a 1996 Volvo 850 GLT which had moderately loose handling to a 2006 BMW 330i and it was a big leap. I was not sure about the tightness at first, but now after a year and a half, I learned that I cannot live without it.Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?
oh yeah, its firm and tight, like it hugs the road. nothing wrong.Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?I would say it's normal. My 3 series has what I would describe as tight steering.Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?
yes that is absolutely normal for a BMW they have one of the best felling steering systems there is you will find most German sedans have stiffer steering but BMW is the stiffest. Lexus's are disconnected form the road and from you and if you enjoy driving experience and driving dynamics go with the BMW. Audi also has a good feel to the steering its not quite as good as BMW's but if you thing the BMW is too stiff Audi's might suit you well without becoming disconnected like the Lexus.Is it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?no my brothers dosentIs it normal for a BMW to have tight steering wheel?
I would say no. It could possibly be a bad power steering pump. I would definitely get that checked out before it becomes a hazard to you driving it. Also check your power steering fluid, make sure it is at the right level.
I just spoke to a BMW technician today about the same issue. He mentioned that the steering is generally tight at low speeds and asy you speed up it gets a little looser. It's perfectly normal however depending on the severity you might want to get it checked, I would hate to know that you had a bad steering column or failing power steering system and get hurt.



Take Care, Xaniel



P.S. I just bought my first BMW 3 Series Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment