Friday, February 10, 2012

How do I adjust the headlights on my BMW x5, 2005?

I am having a hard time adjusting to the headlights in my newly purchased BMW. I beleive they need to be adjusted, the lights needs to shine up the road a bit more. It seems like they are shinning down on the road right in front of me. THey don't shine evenly, the right one shines ahead of the left. Is this normal? What should I do?How do I adjust the headlights on my BMW x5, 2005?there is a knob on dashboard to adjust them but for what you have stated it is more than that.



you need to align them usually workshops / auto electricians have either a light board or light calibrating machine to adjust them, you can't do it without them.



good luck mateHow do I adjust the headlights on my BMW x5, 2005?I have the same exact problem yet no one can seem to give me an accurate answer!!! I have a 2005 BMW 325i with Bi-xenon headlights, (meaning the standard BMW white lights, not yellow. In any case when the car is coming in my direction the front headlight to the left seems to shine brighter then the one on the right. It seems as if one headlight was facing down which is correct and the other is facing straight causing it to shine brighter then the other. I tried adjusting them with a turning knob or screw everyone has told me is located under the hood at each corner of each headlight, but the only lights moving are the day time running lights not the night ones. And by the way i think your problem is the other way around. The lights should be shining down onto the street not above. When you find a solution please email me back! I'm hoping we or I wont have to by a whole new bulb for the headlight cause I here they go for $250-$350 alone, especially the Xenon headlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment