Saturday, February 4, 2012

Is the 6 disk changer in the trunk of a 1998 BMW 323is compatible with after market receivers?

I have a 1998 BMW 323is and I want to put a new receiver/head unit in my dash. I have the optional 6 disk changer in the trunk, so I was wondering if it is compatible with after market receivers. If it is I could get a receiver without a CD drive and just use the changer in the trunk.Is the 6 disk changer in the trunk of a 1998 BMW 323is compatible with after market receivers?That changer is hard wired to the factory head unit. But, most of the trunk mounted changers are in fact commercial units bought %26amp; installed by the car manufacturer, not something custom made just for that car. See if you can get a manufacturer model number off it, %26amp; you might get lucky....Is the 6 disk changer in the trunk of a 1998 BMW 323is compatible with after market receivers?If this is the kind with an FM modulator, there should be no problem at all. It will feed the same FM signal directly to the antenna input of the new stereo.

No comments:

Post a Comment